BD Safety & Environmental Policy
At BD, we are committed to the design, manufacture, and distribution of safe and effective medical supplies, laboratory equipment, diagnostic products and services. It is our goal to protect the health and safety of our associates, our customers and partners, and the communities in which we live and work.
Consistent with this mission, it is our policy at BD:
- To prevent accidents, injuries, and occupational illnesses in the workplace.
- To create a culture that fosters health, safety and well-being for associates, business partners and customers.
- To incorporate environmental, health and safety protection measures into the development of our products and services, supported by external partners and industry initiatives.
- To conserve natural resources, minimize hazardous material use in our processes and products, conserve energy, reduce water use, reduce our generation of waste, and effectively manage environmental impacts from our global operations.
- To be responsible stewards of the environment by working sustainably toward continuous improvement and innovation.
- To be responsible corporate citizens, and at a minimum, comply with regulations as our foundation and establish our own standards where regulations may not be considered adequate or do not exist.
Since environmental, health and safety management is a shared responsibility this policy applies to all associates at BD and shall be made available to the public.
Vincent A. Forlenza
Chairman, CEO and President
If you require additional information, please send us an e-mail.